Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey Fan Mount Ideas?

SWBUCKHNTR

I have a buddy looking for a neat way to mount a turkey fan with beard and spurs any pictures or help would be appreciated. Thanks

I did this about a month ago. The turkey fan board was real simple. One rectangular back board, a half a circle, then a "spacer" board cut to go between the half circle and the back board. This created a slot to slide the fan into. I printed out a color harvest photo and laminated it to the board with the varnish. A short section of monofilament for spurs, beard and an old Zwickey I had laying around (no, I didn't use it on that bird but figured it would be about the only use I would have for it!). It is currently over the refrigerator in the garage. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

woodworking.jpg

The Shop teacher at our school and one of the science teachers hooked up a couple of years ago and started taking walnut, oak, and cherry loggs 6" to 8" in diameter and cutting 1" to 1 1/2" thick slices off the log and running it through the cabinet sander to smooth it out. Polyurathaned the heck out of it. The science teacher took fiberglass resin, after drying the tail, and poored it over the tail base. They drilled a hole in the base of the tail and atttached it with a screw to the wood. Looks really nice. I personally thought the walnut and cherry looked the best becuase of the colors.

Top Bottom