turkey food plot question?

J

jdavis

I planted clover on my power line last year and did not mow it. Weeds have grown and I now want to spread clover for the up coming season. I am thinking about taking my D R trimmer, (it's a big weed eater) and cut the weeds down then frost cast clover. Do you think this will do the job??? I'm trying to create a good spot for my 75 yr. old dad to hunt turkeys. Any other ideas?

You could mow it or burn it. Is there clover in the weeds or did it ever start? Keep the weeds down & it will take off. Sunlight will warm burned ground faster in the spring. Still plan to burn this spring at my place but weather hasn't cooperated.

QDmer, Let me know when your dad is coming up and I will sneak up with him. Maybe one day.
busted.gif

1st season dirtball. Hope he can take a big tom back to East Tenn. My dad drew a tag last year but had a knee replacement.I really want to get one this year. he's not getting any younger.

Pharmer- the clover did come up this year but I did'nt mow so the weeds took over. I think I can bring it back to life by cutting it. It scares me to burn, I'd burn down my timber!

Back