Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey hunt turned Coyote shoot

crietveld

Woke up this morning and decided it was perfect weather for an opening day turkey hunt. Walked into the timber about 6:45, made my way about 200yds in from the road and found a nice spot to sit down. Sat and listened to the timber come alive while it drizzled on the tree canopy above. I caught movement in a little crick about 15yds in front of me and just like that there was a coyote standing there broadside with his head behind a tree. Always the opportunist I leveled the 12 guage and squeezed the trigger, bang flop he was DRT. I figured one shot wouldn't disturb the timber too much so continued to wait for a turkey. About 20 minutes later the squirrels started barking behind me and I was curious what had them riled up. I caught movement to my right about a minute later and glanced over to see another coyote 30yds away in the main crick. He took two loads of 4 shot and was down for the count. I decided turkey hunting was no good and walked back to the truck.

Some guys have all the luck
thumbsup.gif
I love shootin those yotes...congrats

That would be awesome, I have tried to draw back on two coyotes while in the treestand and both times I got busted. Great story. I think I would rather kill to yotes than one turkey.

I shot one deer hunting with the bow. he was chasing a little nubby buck fawn thru my woods. Big mistake. Good job on your double.

Top Bottom