Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

turkey jerky well done

dominator

hey guys, i did a batch of turkey jerky and cooked it way too long. It is real dry and some pieces crumble when i try to break them. I was wondering if it was possible to put it in a blender and make some jerky like that stuff that comes in a can like chew. Has anyone tried this?

I always have to drink beer with my jerky when I cook it to long. Now that I think of it, I always seem to cook it just a little to long. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif "Turkey Jerky Chaw" would be awesome too. Juss a little pinch atween yer cheek and gum! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Unless it's 'ultra-dried', you can put it in a ziploc bag with a damp paper towel, and seal it up for awhile. The jerky will pull in some of the moisture, and rehydrate a bit. I've done this a few times with my deer jerky to soften it up a bit. Good luck.

Worth a try. Problem is that even the jerky chew is still farely moist. Maybe a touch of water with a piece and blend it and see if absorbs it?

Dean

Top Bottom