Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey on a Stick

Limb Chicken

Saturday morning...

turkey on a stick

26DSC00488-med.JPG

awesome footage, theres something about shooting em with a bow, you ALWAYS have to chuckle a little after a successful shot

Great footage, I started chuckling about the same time you guys did. That bird never new what hit him. Congrats again.

Kratz

That has to be one of THE best bow shots and videos on a turkey as I have ever seen. Congrats on the harvest and Scottie on the video.

We laughed for about an hour because we really didn't realize what happened. My wife was starting to get a little sick of me being gone and I understood so I was going to pick a day either Saturday or Sunday... I initially picked Sunday because I thought that would provide the better weather. Scott called me and told me the forecast had changed and that I should consider Saturday. Well I jumped on the weather page and sure enough it looked good. We got set up and had three different birds going. This one being the closest. He pitched down with two hens and started strutting in another field. Soon the hens were in our field and proceeded to head up the ridge of the field that you can see towards the end of the video. He also followed them and went over the ridge... I looked at Scott and said, well that was fun, lets go...
grin.gif
I no more than got that out of my mouth and the fan once again crested the hill and proceeded to come on a line and never came out of strut. We were both in shock. Shot time 6:07 am.
evil.gif

The best part of the story was that after Scott shot his bird Friday he started to flap around that in turn brought two gobblers on a string running in... we were busy switching seats and I was trying to knock an arrow while these birds were still running in... Well when I knocked my arrow the birds had run about 10 yards away from us which neither of us realized until the arrow fell about 5 yards short of them and it was confirmed on the video...
evil.gif

It was an awesome weekend to say the least.

Matt,
You could of at least let him play with the pretty boy a little!
grin.gif
Congrats on the bird and a great season!
waytogo.gif

Great job, Matt!!!
peace.gif
... but I too was looking forward to seeing him put the smack down on the pretty boy.... you spoiled the fun.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom