Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey reapin with bow?

JUNIOR

Has anyone ever turkey reaped using a bow and been successful? I tried last year on 2 toms, got about 40 yards out and they got spooky. Maybe they could see the 6' 4" guy crawling behind the b-mobile haha! ;) Gunna get it done this year turkey reapin with the bow and get it on camera with my go pro! :D

Last edited:
It works. Ive done it once with a body shot and once with a magnus bullhead... "shot wasnt great".
I am going to attempt my first trad gear turkey this spring and I have a very very old shotgun that belonged to my grandmothers father, so im going all old school this spring. Both are going to have to be within 15 yards so im hoping I can find at least 2 big dominant gobblers to sneak up on

I have shot multiple toms with my bow it's a lot of fun calling in that turkey to 10 yards from your setup. Using a blind and a very lifelike decoy will help get them into bow range. Like avianx hen decoys

If you know where the birds are strutting set your blind right in the middle of that field the turkeys won't even think anything of it.

If you know where the birds are strutting set your blind right in the middle of that field the turkeys won't even think anything of it.

I think your confusing "reaping" with traditional hunting. He's not using a blind and attempting to get birds to come to him, he's moving in on a birds with a fan or a strutting decoy.

I've never attempted it with my bow, however once you figure out how to reap, there's not a funner way to kill a turkey IMO. I hardly ever sit and call anymore. I think if you could figure away to mount a fan to a "longer" stabilizer that way when you draw and still be somewhat hidden that might work in your favor. Guys online have done it and had success with a bow, but for me, shooting em in the face at 10yds and closer is a blast!

Last youth turkey season, this tom came a running in, to kill the fan, from out in the middle of a cornfield.

Colton and I put them on the front of our bows, but can slide them off quick if needed.
Last may

Top Bottom