Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey tags

J

jason

I've been seeing turkeys every time i've been deer hunting so far, even an albino one!!! Which is really making me want to go after them. I hunt turkey's in the spring, but want to try my hand at a fall bird. I was wondering if you can purchase turkey bow tags up until season closes like in deer shot gun?
One more question.... If you had a shot at an albino would u take it? If you were to get it would you get a full body mount??
thanks jason

Ok, one more question! Do any of you guys hunt late turkey season, after deer shot gun? How does the cold weather affect them, or the snow? Is hunting that late in the season any different than hunting in october or november?

Jason,
You can purchase a archery tag for turkey all the way till the end of the season. That is what I do some of the time is focus on deer then hit the fields for the turks...

I say swing away at the albino!
waytogo.gif

Tom or hen? Doesn't matter just curious?

Hunting them can be very different. Depends on the winter and your location, but turkeys usually group up more and move closer to a good food source. If you have any pines that is probably a good place to look during the cold and wind or even snow.

Good luck
waytogo.gif

I'm almost 100% sure the albino was a hen. I know there are at least 2 albino turkeys running around the area I hunt, and I think they are both hens. They have to be old birds to. The first albion I saw was about 3 years ago. So her genes are probably every where!
jason

Top Bottom