Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkey's are starting to strut.

As anticipation builds for this upcoming youth season, I saw 2 different toms strutting today. One by Camp Dodge and one off the 65 bypass. Hopefully turkeys will be active this weekend.

Was out at daylight Sunday morning. They where sounding off on the roost but once they hit the ground-silence but constant strutting. The birds I watched were all still in a big group and getting along so I think this weekend will be a challenge for the youngsters, but going to try anyways.

Been seeing them strut for about two weeks now. I live on the close to NE so I actually hunted this morning. Still bunched up, about 50 birds 15 Gobblers at least blasting at everything, but once they flew down not another peep for 2.5 hours. Went away from me and I never had a chance. Should start getting good in the next 7-10 days.

I have seen them strutting for two weeks now and the big groups are starting to break up. They are starting to go to there regular spots. There will be good action for the youth hunters

Looks like I'll need to get down to Camp Dodge to hunt ASAP!!! Thanks for the scouting report I really didn't want to drive to Camp Dodge just to scout, but I'll drive there to kill a big ol' Tom with my bow.

Drove to DSM yesterday morning and there was a decent tom strutting for hens right off I-80 at the 225 exit.

Top Bottom