Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turkeys talking

Was out stomping for sheds Sunday evening and heard a couple fire off late in the evening. I think the 65 degree days are helping out a bit. Can't wait to hammer some chickens.

Kratz

What shed hunting today. All the turkeys I have seen have busted up into their spring flocks. 3 different flocks of 2 or more toms and a flock of 8 hens. I didnt hear any gobblin, but it was hard to hear anything with 40 mph winds!

I had two ticks on me back the begining of Feb. they will be out in full force now.Used to wait at least until end of March to get like this, but with the winter,,or lack of it, we've had,,it figures. Chicago Meteorologist said history showed after winters like this,,Summers were HOT. That only figures too. Not lookin forward to it. Next Nov. is a l-o-o-o-ng time away!

Yup I found a deer tick on me last week shed hunting. Going to suck this spring. Turkeys are really loving this weather! :way:

i bought a remington 870 super mag with a 23" barrell, synthetic thumbhole stock, all camo. i wanted something lightweight for runnin and gunnin and i got a GREAT deal on it. i'll post pics when it shows up.

i bought a remington 870 super mag with a 23" barrell, synthetic thumbhole stock, all camo. i wanted something lightweight for runnin and gunnin and i got a GREAT deal on it. i'll post pics when it shows up.
I have the 870 super mag haven't got the thumbhole stock yet. I put a Primos Jellyhead choke in it and with Hevi13 #7shot I put 116 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 40yds great combo

Stepped out of my truck this morning at work and was greeted with a big ol gobble. Sat there for a good 15 mintues and listened to the oh boy roar. Watched him fly down and he went silent. Gets the blood boiling though. KS season can't get here soon enough.

Kratz

I have the 870 super mag haven't got the thumbhole stock yet. I put a Primos Jellyhead choke in it and with Hevi13 #7shot I put 116 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 40yds great combo

that's the same choke i've used in my Mossberg for years. Love it! i'll be buying one for the new gun...especially hearing that it works so well with your 870!
Thanks!

Top Bottom