Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TWANG!!!!!!

O

oliver21117

I have been shooting for proximately 2 month now with great success. In those last two months I have concentrated solely on my mechanics and with great success. I knew eventually my instinct and experience as a Hunter would take over and it has! I am concerned about the TWANG. I shoot a Hoyt Magnatec with ZR limbs a Doinker Stabilizer and cat whiskers. I am hearing a twang that VARIES FROM SHOT TO SHOT. My feeling is that the peep site rubber tubing is the culprit although it may be the bow/string itself. Any ideas or hints.

Also what size should my grouping be at 20 yards. Currently I am shooting a consistent 5 inch group .

I have a similar problem with my SQ2. I have narrowed it down to the peep sight. I use a jumbo peep with no tube and I get some extra vibration. Racks brother had the same thing from a kisser button. His went away when he took the kisser off. I have to live with mine. I can hear it when I shoot but if your three feet away you can't hear it. At least that is what I keep telling myself. I am going to see if there is a solution during the off season.

Headgear & Oliver,

I never thought I would get rid of the peep but PY Bucks turned me onto the No-peep two years ago. It took some getting used to but I sure love it now. The benifits of it are more light at dusk & dawn, no twanging noises, and it doesn't slow down your arrow. My peep cost me a very nice buck a few years ago because I couldn't see my sight. It was an overcast morning and it was well after legal time and I just couldn't see the pins. I pulled the peep off and haven't seen it since.

Disadvantages are that it is slightly heavier.

Give it a try guys & tell me what you think.
Nonres

Nonres, is this the one that bolts to your riser and you line it up kind of like a rifle sight except it is round? If so my father-in-law bought one this last fall and we kind of tinkered with it over the season on his bow (an FX). He never got brave enough to pull the peep sight off because it was during season but know that season is over...

Headgear, that's the one. Just borrow it from you father in law during the off season, I think you will get to liking it. It takes some setting up but once it's set up it's a great help. The two circles will not line up if you torque your bow or if your anchor is inconsistent. After I had it on for a couple of months I found myself not even looking at it anymore, except every once in a while to double check my anchor. Good Luck!

Nonres

Guys, Here's something to think about; shoot a longbow and your twanging will go away!

i did have a small problem with my G2 but it was all fixed with the simms cable gaurd thing. not sure of the name but it slips over the back of ur cable guard and rests in front of the slide. just a guess. hope maybe it could help you.

What I've done before is set up a tape recorder close to my bow and then taped the sound of several shots. Sometimes this helps locate where it's coming from.

Top Bottom