Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Two Bucks - Growth?

ZG

PMA Member
Here's a couple of bucks from the trail cam. The buck in the back is hard to see but he's there. I got this picture on 6/23. When does antler growth stop? Is this guy about as big as he's gonna get?

1115deer1.jpg

I can't figure out how to make this picture bigger so any help would be appreciated.

Each buck will stop at a different time so there is no exact date for all bucks.

I would say this buck has some more growing to do. His brow tines are probably done but his beams, G2's, and G3' have some growing to do. Notice the beams, G2's, and G3's are still smooth, round and darker at the ends while the brow tines come to a point.

Nice picture and keep posting them.

Tim

I had a nine and eight point on my corn this morning, and I would say they were both 90% grown. The G1s were pointed and the rest of the points were within 1-2" a piece from being fully grown. That June picture of your buck, I would say he has a lot of G2, G3, and main beam growth to come yet.

He definitely has some growing to do.Going tobe what looks to be one very nice buck.

Top Bottom