Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Two Firsts for me in '06

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
Well due to the time of year and the fact that deer season is over, i though id share two experiences that would classify as first time encounters for me and some pix.....sorry no big horns to share. just good stories...
In early November Jon and I were in SE Iowa on our second annual deer hunt. i do not have permission to bow hunt for a buck, so i went to run the camera for Jon. I had permission to kill as many does as i liked and i had my bow in the truck, but didnt take it with me because of the amount of gear we took along.
so during the first evening of our hunt a huge doe appeared our of no where and bedded down just fifty yards from our set up. Jon asked me if we wanted to trade camera for bow in hopes of me killing one.
well a button buck came up the trail and nosed her to her feet and she walked up to twelve yards. i asked jon if he had her, and he said yes. i released and put it right through her heart. this was exceptionally cool for me because this was a doe kill on video and killed with a bow that wasnt mine. Now i dont condone shooting unfamiliar bows at deer on a regular basis, but i had shot Jon's bow before and used the form rule.....center the pin in the peep.
the footage is great and it was a hunt we wont forget....
of course she ran down the hill and died in the deepest hole on the farm. so after Jon and i made it out we slept like babies......we arent in the best of shape.
here she is
6352TwodoesSEIOWA.jpg

the next is of my first double and my first kill with my T/C Encore. i shot them both in the amount of time it took me to reload.....
i finally caught a break deer hunting. the big doe ran right towards the truck and died within fifty yards....
great season!
5598IMG_3335_2_-med.jpg

thanks for keeping it always interesting guys....
congrats to all of you in your seasons of success.
if you want more horns to look at here is Jon and My Late muzz kills... Late Muzz Kills '06
enjoy
grin.gif

Both of you guys had a good year. I wish that mine would
have gone as good as the two of you. Lets hope for the same next year and some giant trophy's to hang on the wall.

Top Bottom