Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Two Years... One Deer

nockthru

Yesterday I harvested a whitetail deer for the first time in my 36 years on this planet! Last year was my first and I humbley ate a big bowl of tag soup, this year the menu changes a little.
The weekend started out with my wife and I finding out we will be having a baby girl in March (we have 3 boys at home now, ages: 7,4,3). As you can imagine with 3 boys at home and one in the oven, I don't get as much time to hunt as I would like but family comes first and I get out when I can.
Yesterday we had a little break in the action on the home front and I had a chance to spend a few hours in the stand. The wind wasn't right, but it is Nov. 16, and I wasn't sure when I would get my next chance so I went for it.
I didn't get into the stand until 2:30, and didn't see anything until 5 min. before sun down. Then deer came onto the field, as I just started what I planned on being my last grunting seq. The deer started running in circles and then (to my surprise) made a mad dash towards my stand. It jumped the fence and came broad side at 20 yards. I stopped him, took my time setting my pin on his vitals (see previous posts) and released. He took off back into the cut corn feild and I watched him drop at 80 yards.
My first deer, by first buck, my first successful grunt, my first gut job.
picture.php

I know he is not much for rack size, but everybody has to start somewhere, and he will always be a trophy to me.
picture.php

forum

Sorry for the poor pics, I will do better next time.

Yesterday I harvested a whitetail deer for the first time in my 36 years on this planet! Last year was my first and I humbley ate a big bowl of tag soup, this year the menu changes a little.
The weekend started out with my wife and I finding out we will be having a baby girl in March (we have 3 boys at home now, ages: 7,4,3). As you can imagine with 3 boys at home and one in the oven, I don't get as much time to hunt as I would like but family comes first and I get out when I can.
Yesterday we had a little break in the action on the home front and I had a chance to spend a few hours in the stand. The wind wasn't right, but it is Nov. 16, and I wasn't sure when I would get my next chance so I went for it.
I didn't get into the stand until 2:30, and didn't see anything until 5 min. before sun down. Then deer came onto the field, as I just started what I planned on being my last grunting seq. The deer started running in circles and then (to my surprise) made a mad dash towards my stand. It jumped the fence and came broad side at 20 yards. I stopped him, took my time setting my pin on his vitals (see previous posts) and released. He took off back into the cut corn feild and I watched him drop at 80 yards.
My first deer, by first buck, my first successful grunt, my first gut job.
picture.php

I know he is not much for rack size, but everybody has to start somewhere, and he will always be a trophy to me.
picture.php

forum

Sorry for the poor pics, I will do better next time.

Congrats man! You'll always remember your first. Have shot plenty with firearms but I too am in 2nd year of bow hunting still looking for my first now deer. In the tree right now as a matter of fact.
Good work!

Congratulations - I'm sure you have the bowhunting bug now. Nice work on the home front also.

Congrats on the first deer, who gives two shits what the rack looks like :way: Your face says it all, now your hooked.

I can remember my first bow buck, about that same size, and it's been on the plus side of 30 years ago. A big congrats to you :way:

NWBuck

Top Bottom