Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TYPE OF FEED for deer feeder?

scout

I've heard just about every argument against self feeders.
Reguardless, I think I recall reading that a blend of mostly oats and some corm is better than just corn.
I found a simple feeder plan that I might try. (bad year due to hunting the Special late season.)

We use plain old shelled corn. Can get it at the elevator pretty cheap bagged and ready to go.

Stop pickn' on me man!
biggun.gif

maybe the deer feeder is his secret weapon to keeping the big bucks on his side of the fence Maggs, you'd better look into that. oh wait, there's no big bucks in iowa, i forgot.
busted.gif

I ran across this very simple and cheap homebrew self feeder. I just have to try this thing. One more thing to tinker with.
www.stuttgart.us/plans/deer.html

I've already got a slick quick detach mount in my head and figure black drain tile could be set up the same way.
I have massive brain power!
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Answer the question man! Maybe Muddy is right; never would have picked you to be a baiter!(master?)
busted.gif
I haven't seen any starving deer around lately. Maggs
shrug[1].gif

Did ya look at the tubbie thing? A couple velcro strips and.... never mind.

Actually, Since I can't afford any remote cameras like everyone else seems to have, I'm feeling a little left out. Like I should be going out to check on something. So if I can't go out and check on big buck photos maybe I can atleast look at his tracks and step in his poo.
flame.jpg
30570-chair.gif

I think you should consider some supplemental feed in your area Magg's. Those deer have to be alittle gaunt from running away all season!
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Top Bottom