Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ultimate Survival

Rudd

Life Member
a show on the Discovery Channel, a guy parachutes in the Rockies with basically nothing on his back, no idea where he is and has 5 days to survive and get back to civilization. Some of his encounters where a nightime visitor that forces him from his camp, a rattler and a 70' jump off a cliff.

I saw that episode also. I think that he over sensationalized everything. He broke a cardinal rule by soaking himself to the bone when he floated down the river in 40 degree water. I have also watched Survivor Man on the Discovery Channel. That show is much more realistic and down to earth.

Doc, I Agree. That show actualy shows real life situations with real life solutions, not floating down a glacial fed river.

I have to say that I think the show is stupid. I agree with the statement about jumping in the 40 degree water. Hypothermia sets in pretty quickly at that temp. The cold water training I have done was around 50 degrees and it takes your breath away and it is not that easy to swim as you can loose sensation pretty quickly. He seemed to be pretty comfortable in his wet blue jeans. And if he was looking for a way across the river why didn't he just use whatever method the camera-man used, he beat our hero across and kept his camera dry! Coulda used the same boat or bridge or whatever. Also if he needs a way out why not just follow the support crew that is bringing in fresh batteries, unless the camera-man is packing all those along too. In which case the show should be about that guy, because he has the tougher job. It is just not that realistic and seems too staged for my taste.

Top Bottom