Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ummmmmm........

Did anybody get the chance to see if there saftey harness works or not today??.... The winds in Des Moines are like 147mph at the moment.....Just praying nobody took a spill today.

Hope everyone who leaves their blinds out have them secured to poured concrete footings. It's INSANE out there.

im strapped to my couch right now....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

the wind in Dirty Dodge is about 173 mph currently....
ug.
of i was a deer, id be wishing i was me right about now.
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

was out first thing this morning and wasnt too bad saw 4 does is all then the wind picked up pretty good about 9 and i came home its whiping pretty good here

I'm praying that my ground blinds are still there when I go out. They might make for a pretty good kite today.

Saw 4 does this morning and moved a stand after 10 am and it wasn't too bad yet but I wont be hunting this afternoon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bucknduck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm praying that my ground blinds are still there when I go out. They might make for a pretty good kite today. </div></div>

Ah ya right...might want to check 3 counties to the southeast.. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Opted to just watch the huntin channel today instead. To windy for me. There's still alot of season left. </div></div>

Amen and Amen...That made two of us.

I was bringing a truck load of firewood to town, popped the hill on the gravel road and a tree had blown down across it. Lucky for me, I had a log chain with me so I just hooked onto it and drug it out of the way.

I bet a person would have gotten sea sick in the tree today. Would have taken a big old tree not to sway in that wind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
bucknduck said:
I'm praying that my ground blinds are still there when I go out. They might make for a pretty good kite today. </div></div>

I had a 60 pound park bench blow off of my machine shed deck and a dead elm uprooted into the road at the end of my driveway! I'd guess any ground blinds left out are flapping like a Wal-Mart sack on the nearest barbed-wire fence or brush pile. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

I was dumb enough to stay out all day, in a climber 20 foot up, saw plenty of deer, even a decent buck, but it didn't matter....my tree was moving so much my pin was all over the place.

I sat out from 3:00 on and arrowed one of the big boys on the hit list just before dark - problem is I am still looking for him. 150Plus may be on to something about his pin moving all over the place. Sad to say my hit was a little too far back.

I was on a 10/12 and 12/12 pitch roof all day sunday. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif If you laid down on the roof you could feel the house move a bit.What you'll do for your buddies sometimes. Geesh.Not to mention it was 2 stories on the front and 3 on the backside.

Top Bottom