Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Unicorn Buck

G

Check this buck out, it was taken first day of shotgun season, Jackson County.

uploadedunideer1[1].jpg

Pretty cool! I've seen a couple over the years but never one with the spike right between the eyes like that. Who shot it anyway and where?
G6

That is cool. Would the third antler shed as regular antler growth? Glad I never eyed this buck in NW Iowa, I would play hell finding the third match. IAdroptine

Seen that on the news and local paper, real close to were I'm from. Thanks.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Wags (edited 12-09-2001).]

I saw it in the local paper too and I see the hunter is going to auction the antlers next May.

Sweet Buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! But one question, is it legal to sell the rack? I always thought that it was illegal to sell the racks or body parts of any animal unless it was for a good cause.

just wondering,

deerslayer22788

the article in yesterdays qc times about made me puke.it made all of us look like slobs.too bad things like this happen let alone go to print.

it was in sundays sports section. it was mostly about how much the rack was going to sell for. not a word about the hunt,ethics or sportsmanship.

In several states it is illegal to sell antlers, especially in states where they know bears are being poached for gallbladders. However as of the last I knew, in Iowa you can buy sell any body parts you want.

I know the Iowa DNR would like to see it made illegal, but I am not sure who is lobbying against it. I suppose it might be the the wild game breeder's associations where they harvest the horns to sell to Asian countries for aphrodisiacs.

Cool rack, I do not agree with selling it however I am curious if the paper indicated how much they expected to get??? I know some things like this bring BIG dollars.

I don't understand why the owner would want to sell this. That rack is so unique and so rare that I know I wouldn't sell it. If it does get sold, unfortunately the buyer will get the better end of the deal. That rack will probably go on display at deer expo's where the new owner will receive money for showing it. My advice to the owner is keep the deer. If you do sell it, make sure you receive any royalties if applicable.
Like RTN said, "money is the root of all evil."
Congratulations on such a magnificent animal!
BT

I may have harvested this bucks cousin last fall. I took a ten pointer just south of Ames with my bow, with the tenth point being a 5 1/2 inch spike in the middle of his head. The deer had a 18 inch spread with 10 inch G2's. It was a 8 point frame and had a third brow tine. It would have been a Pope & Young if not for the spike, but that does not bother me, is is very rare and unique just like this one taken in Jackson County. I thought about selling mine when I took him last year also, but now with out regrets he hangs above my television. I wish this guy wouldn't make the mistake I almost did. I wil try to get a picture of mine on here. I am also planning on taking him to the deer classic in Des Moines

Three sheds off one buck, wow that's too good to be true. I better sit down for a minute and catch my breath!

Where is the picture of this deer. The one supposedly on the message post doesn't seem to be working. Is there any other way to view the unicorn deer?

Top Bottom