Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Unique Iowa Buck -Double throat patch

nosna

This past Friday night I had the fortune of taking one of by good buddies from out of state hunting. He was in town for the day and just wanted to see some deer running. We got in the stand right after work Friday night and it wasn't long before we saw bucks chasing does. Getting close to sunset I saw this buck checking scrapes on the neighbors property approx. 150 yards from my stand. I forgot my grunt tube, so I tried myself and bleated. He perked up, turned towards me, and came right in. He came under the stand at 3 yards and initially I decided to pass on him. As he walked by I saw the double brow tines and decided to fill my tag. He presented me with a 30 yard broadside shot. I put a great heart hit on him and he went 40 yards before falling over. Not a huge but (scored 131) but unique with his double throat patch. I just wish I would have seen the throat patch before skinning him as I may have decided to mount him... But alas.

Nice deer, also would have guessed a bit higher score but score doesn't make the trophy. Grats!

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom