Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Unreal harvest story!

Thanks for the link huntdoc, I didn't mean to reinvent the wheel with this thread, looks like it has already been discussed in length on the other site. That helps me stand by my origional opinion, That the story seems legit and I am happy for the kid.

IF THE DEER WAS NOT TANGLED IN THE STATUE BEFORE THE FIRST SHOT I WOULD HAVE SHOT HIM IN A SECOND HOPEFULLY NOT IN THE LEG THOUGH.AND IF HE DID HAVE A STATUE ON HIS HEAD AND I CAME UP ON HIM IM STILL SHOOTING HIM IT WAS HIS FAULT NO ONE PUT IT ON HIS HEAD HE CHOSE TO HIT THE STATUE IT LOOKS LIKE.WAY DIFFERENT THAN IF HE WAS STUCK IN A FENCE.BUT IF YOU CAME UPON THIS BUCK STUCK IN A FENCE WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN?

Too crazy to make up in my opinion. Thats a tough one to tell your buddies though, I'm sure he had some convincin to do!

The only question if this was ethical or not is determined by his first shot. Was his first shot an ethical shot. He stated he was on a member of his families property, it was during daylight, and as long he was not standing in the road, it was legal and ethical. It is no different than leaving your decoy up in front of your stand over night and coming back in the morning and there is a buck staring it down.

Every time someone shoots a big deer people go to great lengths to discredit the hunter or the deer, that is why some of is just keep it to ourselves. If he shot the deer in the leg on the first shot, the ethical thing to do is follow up on the shot and recover the deer. Not to shoot a deer that had already been shot a non lethal shot and was still alive because he was pinned under something, that is unethical.

The angles of the two arrows can be explained easily. He simply walked around to the other side of the deer trying to get a better angle to the vitals

Top Bottom