Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

UPDATE: Rompola Buck....

Mr. Huffman stood to lose money IF the Rompola buck were real. Because of that, I would not think he is exactly a credible source of independent criticism.

A knowledgeable hunter can poke quite a few holes in Mr. Huffman's counterpoints. I especially disagree with his point about genetics. For example, two years ago, Wisconsin's all-time #2 typical was shot in Kenosha county. The buck grossed in the 200+ inches and if I recall correctly, netted out in the high 190s. Kenosha County has one of the fewest number of trophy entries in Wisconsin Buck and Bear records of all counties in Wisconsin and previous to this buck had something like only one buck entered that even scored over 150.

Mr. Huffman is entitled to his opinion, but as far as I'm concerned, he hasn't proven anything, other than raise some doubt. No question, that helps his wallet.

I've always found it unfortunate that Mitch never really stood behind his accomplishment. But then again, that is his right. Its a free country.

I can add one more take on the Rompola issue. There are many things in life that you can do nothing about. Too many people have wasted countless hours arguing over this issue. As it is with anything in life, you can take an event and make it a positive in your life or you can take that same event and choose to let it affect you negatively. I read Mr. Rompola's story not just for the interest of the big buck, but how Mr. Rompola hunts. From reading about him, I have been able to apply some of his tools and techniques to my hunting. Some of them were not helpful, but others ware and as a result, I can say I benefitted from that story.

Let's all go to Graceland!!----Thank ya 'very much.

What's the update? It's an old article and the rack is still a hoax. Funny how people with factual information and expert opinion are accused of profittering to avoid the real issue of Rumpolla's deceipt and own stunt to profit. (Now say he never attempted to profit.. wrong!)
I find it amazing people even mention it in a positive way when it is such a slap in the face to trophy hunting and hunters in general.

I'll go out on a limb a little bit Scout and say that I think there's a possibility that it is a legitimate buck. I do not believe it was shot as he said, I do not believe it was a wild Michigan buck. But I think there is a good possibility that the rack itself is a real whitetail rack. There's more to this story than we will probably ever know.

Top Bottom