Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

using someone elses stand!!!!

B

bckhntr

Yesterday I went out to go hunting on a very small piece of timber. When I got to my stand the neighboring landowner was climbing down. His reply when asked what he was doing was " Gee I did'nt think you would be out during the week" We somewhat have an agreement that it is ok to be on each others land, but I never would have thought he would actually sit in my stand. Ethically I could never bring myself to sit someone elses stand. Anyone else had any problems like this.

Thank goodness I have only had to deal with this on a very rare occasion.

I have seen some variations in "ethics" interpretations since I started bowhunting deer 30 years ago. We started to hunt for fun, now we hunt for results.

Their used to be courtesies that were extended by most that went afield. Using someone else's stand W/O permission was not acceptable. Hunting in the same area that was known to be hunted by someone else was not done W/O an invitation.

Things have changed quite a bit. Unfortunately the demand for resources and growth of the sport has gone beyond our ability to educate ourselves.

There are still a lot of good people in the field,
and some may just need another view shared with them. The ones that don't care have already set their path.

When a deer is harvested, it is just a dead deer. The rules that we follow to make it a challenge is what really makes the game.

Have Fun!

Seeing it was your neighbor,i would let it slide.Now if it was a stranger,thats a different story.I myself would of asked permission to use your stand.Sometimes hunting can really get you mad.

Top Bottom