Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

V-Cam is saved!!!!!!!!!!!

Shovelbuck

Headed up to retreive the camera this morning. I was really worried about it since we had 9 inches of rain last night. All the fields around here are flooded.
When we got there I knew things were going to be BAD! The slew the cam was on is totally flooded and running like a river. Water was up to the top of the dam and the camera had been below it on a stake. When Earl E November and I were close enough to see where it had been a sick feeling came over me. It wasn't there. We walked on up to the damn and BINGO! there it was, floating next to the damn. My concern now was water. It took a pic of me when I picked it up so I figured it couldn't be too bad. Opened it up and there was a little water, but the dissitant had soaked up most of it.
Here's a few pics of before, during, and after the storm.
552getting_a_drink-med.JPG

552During_the_first_storm-med.JPG

552Afterwards-med.JPG

The last pic is looking back toward the damn, most of it now under water.

The bad part about the camera rescue was that when we got back to the truck it wouldn't start.
confused.gif
Had to be trailered back to town.
frown.gif

that storm pic is incredible. I was cowering in my chair waiting for the next hail dropping to hit.
blush.gif

Glad you didn't float away Jay! I heard about all of the flooding on the radio this morning. Sounds like Grand Island, Hastings, and Wood River all took pretty good hits from that storm. 7+ inches of rain and big hail will do that. Glad you got your camera back and a few good pics to boot!

That photo of the rain and hail is awesome. Really cool!

I am sure it was a great feeling to be able to retrieve your camera.

So, did you have to walk to town, or did you have a trusty cellphone?
grin.gif

Top Bottom