Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vacation dates set!

DOR

Life Member
Well I finally decided on my vacation dates for this year. Seeing as I am hunting MN hard this year (first time in 4-5 years)and our gun season opens Nov 4th, I decided to take off OCT 20th till Nov 14th. I will hunt MN first and likely will slide over into WI around the 6th of NOV.

I also took of the last week of DEC. 24 thru 31st.

Man am I getting anxious. I thought it would be a little bit of a drag not hunting KS, IL or IA this year, but I find myself getting justas excited and my old pocket book still has a little loot in it.
smile.gif

Best of luck to everyone this year!!!!!
grin.gif

26404-archer[1].gif
31045-cheers2.gif
31045-cheers2.gif

Dont we see this post from you every year!
grin.gif
Must be nice to have that many days off but I am sure you earned every bit of it. Good luck to you this season

Yes you do and I will venture to say you will continue to. A guy needs something to look forward to.
grin.gif

Looking good, DOR!! I like your priorities! Mind if I share your thread?

I have taken off the week of Iowa Early Muzzle loader, one week during the rut for Iowa archery and first Iowa shotgun season.

Like you, I'm excited about the upcoming season and can't wait.
laugh.gif
Good luck everyone!

It looks like I am going to be able to hunt till 9 every morning, and be back in the tree by 3. Not too bad of a schedule this year
grin.gif

Your gun season opener is on November 4th??? Wow, that must be a show. The rut almost full blown and guns blazing....That's one thing I wish Michigan would do- move our gun opener to December like Iowa does. Our rut is still lingering when November 15th (gun opener) rolls around.

I have had my hunting time blocked out since January. Last year my boss set up a meeting for me on November 2nd. I was not happy. And come to find out, one of my next door neighbors saw "a big buck with 6 points on one side" in my front yard that day. I'll be there this year if he decides to come back. I took October 28-November 10th off this year (and may be 'under-the-weather' if the rut hangs on longer than that. ha). good luck guys!!

I was fortunate enough to have a boss last year that didn't know his head from his a$$. I took Oct 31-17th off for vacation, then called in sick Dec 5-7th. Now wouldn't you know it when I returned, not only did he forget I was gone, but he never entered my sick days or my vacation so I carried over 2 weeks! My new boss is a little sharper. In fact he hunts, so he knows when and why I will be gone. Have Oct 30-Nov10th off to hunt the rut, then took Nov20-24th off to travel to TN for turkey day and to hunt. I plan bow hunting Fort Campbell and on a family's farm. It's my understanding that as long as you have a TN or KY big game license, you can hunt the fort by purchasing an additional military base tag that doesn't count towards your state quota. Anyone here ever hunt in TN or know the specifics on this?

I am planning on taking off a few days in October and all of November.

As said in the job post, Govt jobs have there benefits.
grin.gif

Leaving tomorrow morning for Wisconsin to go Salmon fishing. Taking a few days off in October for South Dakota Pheasant hunting opening weekend(always a great time, lots of birds). Then time in November for the rut, and a few days during 2nd shotgun.

I just love this time of year.

Shon

Here in WV, our rifle season starts Monday, Nov. 20. I am taking off Nov. 7-10, and 14-17 for some solid bowhunting! Can't wait.

Between taking time off with the wife in the hospital with kidney stones, and just recently having our baby. My vacation time is down to a whopping 6 hours. Looks like my hunting time is gonna be cut down to strictly evenings and weekends this year.
frown.gif

Nov 3-19. 17 straight days of therapy from work. Getting a nice buck will just be a bonus. Being outside and enjoying the best time of year in Iowa is the real treat.

RBB- Those are perfect dates for IA. Hope I can do those exact dates next year In IA.

October 14th - 22nd for Early ML and October 27th - Thanksgiving. I'll end up working 3 days out of a 40 day stretch, and I can't wait.
As was said, Govt work has its benefits!
cool.gif

I just got mine approved for Nov. 11th Thru Nov.19th . I usually go a week earlier but these dates are set in stone for this year. It 'll be good I'm sure.
cool.gif

Liv4rut you lucked out on the schedule! I had mine all set to be able to hunt all day tuesdays and thursdays and then I get to one of my classes monday and it has been changed to Tuesday-Thursday. I'm tempted to drop it! I was angry to say the least.

Top Bottom