Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vacation time

mr4play72

PMA Member
Just started my annual week of vacation. Sounds like the next couple mornings are going to be cold enough things should be moving. Ive seen lots of deer but none the caliber im looking for.

Yeah, I hope we don't get into Lockdown soon.. If the rutting activity could last an extra 5 days.. I'll be good.

It has been an extremely frustrating year.

The weather and Winds have not cooperated..

In the areas I hunt (East central IA) I am confident that "lockdown" is in full swing. Saturday morning I saw 6 different fawns with no does in sight plus I have only seen 2 does in the last 4 sits. Fawns on every sit with no does

Was out yesterday all day. Movement from first light to 8:30, then nothing until 3:00. Saw a 3.5 yr old buck bedded with a doe eating on the beans, who then followed the doe to cover. He came back out when more does were on the beans being harrassed by a spike, but then went back the way the first doe went. Dad saw a nice buck bedded in the middle of a large CRP field with a doe hanging around. Saw a buck and doe in a cut hay field this morning, just standing there when I went by. Then saw a small buck cruising with tail up and nose low.

I've seen a mixture of bucks (of varying sizes) following does and does alone. I think where I'm at (Eastern IA) that the rut is still yet to come.

I've seen a mixture of bucks (of varying sizes) following does and does alone. I think where I'm at (Eastern IA) that the rut is still yet to come.

I didn't hunt today, but from what I saw before and after work, I missed out BIG TIME. :(

I took last week off, BIG mistake. Next year I will be taking off the 2nd week of November as things are just now starting to get good.

Good Luck.

I took last Thursday and Friday off, and this coming Friday and Monday. Good luck to all on vacation. I saw decent activity all weekend and had a very close call last night. Bucks were pushing hard last night, and today before and after work I saw lots of chasing and also bucks out in the fields with does. Friday can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom