Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vacation Time

doublebrow

"You Cant Fix Stupid"
Put in for my Vacation time November 6th-14th. Should be a full moon that week and Rut will be in Full. Anyone else have favorite vaca days during the rut? also took the 30th and 31st of October!

People have all sorts of different theories on the moon and how it affects hunting. Personally I am not a fan of clear nights with full moon. It seems the deer play all night and sleep all day. Now a hot doe in near you will change that.

Just my observation over the years.

People have all sorts of different theories on the moon and how it affects hunting. Personally I am not a fan of clear nights with full moon. It seems the deer play all night and sleep all day. Now a hot doe in near you will change that.

Just my observation over the years.

I prefer a dark night, that seems to lead to better morning hunting IMO. But if it is really bright at night, full moon, then I have found that things can be a little better during the late morning and midday. So there are trade-offs, but it is always good to be in a tree in November!!

I'm a fan of taking off Oct 1 through Jan 10 but that's just when I feel it's a good time to get off work.
Nov 5-24 will be my main time this year

The biggest challenge this year could be fighting the standing corn. Corn will be taken out later this year and that always makes me second guess every move since you can't see across open fields.

I took off Nov 5-14th as well. plan to sit all day. When there is a full moon during the rut i seem to have a lot of mid day movement.

I've taken off a week in November for the last 3 years, and always seem to second guess my choice. Usually more activity the last day I'm off work, and me wishing I would've waited till the following week. I'll be in a School for the National Guard Oct 1-23 so that should give my stands plenty of time to sit, and I should be coming back during the prime time. Lucky for me I'll just take a drive before work and if I see bucks running does I know it's time to text the boss I wont be working that day or next. Other than that I plan on just taking half or full days depending on the wind and conditions when I wake up. I'm really excited to see how my hunting changes this fall with letting my stands sit most of October!

Nov 1st through the 16th for me. I don't really care what the moon does during this time as I will usually sit all day every day. I don't hunt but a small handful of times outside this window, so I try to make the most of it. All I hope for is cool temps and picked crops.

I prefer a dark night, that seems to lead to better morning hunting IMO. But if it is really bright at night, full moon, then I have found that things can be a little better during the late morning and midday. So there are trade-offs, but it is always good to be in a tree in November!!

I agree, full moon = mid day movement. I like the noon hours best, seem to be vulnerable then.

The week of Thanksgiving. Always hard to beat that week. Seem to see the biggest bucks every year during this time.. But I also plan to hunt almost everyday of the season. That's what I set my class schedule up for

Top Bottom