Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vacation

Woehlk

Aim Small Miss Small
In the past I've primarily taken the week of Veteran's Day off, but this year drill fell on the 6th-8th. So I've switched my vacation this year to the 16th-20th in order to get 9 solid days of hunting in if needed. I've noticed several bucks locked down lately, and plan on sitting primarily funnels, pinch points, and bedding area's next week. I just wanted to see what's been working for everyone, and how they generally hunt the dreaded lock down phase? Not looking forward to the generally South winds next week, but I can't kill them if I'm not hunting.

Thanks,

Here is my personal view as I have hunted all day everyday since last Friday evening...I feel like the deer are a week behind...I went through the first days of my vacation 7th-10th with a severe lack of movement no response to calling just tough like hunting middle of October tough....now when the 11th hit the light switches got flipped...but that could also mean that next week could be tough....lock down jut means long all day uneventful sits...eventually they will break off

Here is my personal view as I have hunted all day everyday since last Friday evening...I feel like the deer are a week behind...I went through the first days of my vacation 7th-10th with a severe lack of movement no response to calling just tough like hunting middle of October tough....now when the 11th hit the light switches got flipped...but that could also mean that next week could be tough....lock down jut means long all day uneventful sits...eventually they will break off

I sat this morning and a switch definitely flipped. Bucks were running everywhere. I hunted all last week and didn't see any sign of rut.

Top Bottom