Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

vanes

moosehunter

PMA Member
I've been unhappy with the vanes I've been using. They seem kind of unstable. They loose thier shape easy and kind of get curly and wavy. I've been told that doesn't make any difference and been told it could make a difference. Either way, someone probably makes a better one than I have. Don't ask me what brand mine are, I don't know. I'm just looking for a better one.

i have been gradually switching out my vanes. the 2" blazers seem real tough so far. another i'll be trying are 3" flex fletch, they seem pretty impressive too

I have been shooting 4" quick spin vanes.

They are working out real well for me on my ST Axis shafts.

I am using 2" blazers also, I love them (I was a die hard feather guy before trying the blazers).

Quickspins =
peace.gif
peace.gif

I have some turbonocks you can have!
grin.gif

Either. I go with a slight helical...make sure you get some good glue. Goat tuff works well or the bohning platinum.

I have been real happy with Fast Gel. Easier to use than Goat Tuff I thought. Would you shorten your IWT wraps with shorter vanes or simply leave them at 6 inches?

I leave em and start the vanes further forward than I would the longer ones...I love the fast gel but there are issues with the blazers bonding. The first set I did, I used fast gel and half of the vanes came off. Goat tuff or the platinum I have had no problems with...patience grasshoppa...
evil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...patience grasshoppa...

[/ QUOTE ]

God knows I need some of that!
crazy.gif
I'll grab some goat tuff.

Here we go again, I wanna be like Limb.

Hey Guys... Ive shot alot of different vanes sizes and kinds, the one thing you have to watch no matter what kind you use is make sure there not hitting your rest, drop aways will take care of this problem.. also at a 3D shoot a guy was having problems with them comming off and also waving after looking we noticed the bar that holds the string over had loosend up and the vanes were hitting it, just a couple thing to check and keep in mind

I have had good results and noticed no difference in flight compared to my 4 inch easton diamond vanes. The blazers are stiffer and seem to do a good job stabilizing the arrow. However the biggest broad head I have shot with them is the montec g5.

If you're having trouble attaching your blazers use an arrow wrap on the shaft and glue the blazers to the wrap. I fletched my first arrows ever a couple of months ago this way and they are still going strong. I shoot them through a whisker biscuit. Also make sure you put a bead of glue on the front and back of the vane, this helps to keep them from comming off. I've only shot them out to 40 yds, but they shoot great there. There are people on ArcheryTalk.com that say they work great out to 80 yds, but thats a little far for me
smile.gif

I just put blazers on and like them Bonhing is giving free samples of blazers just give them a call and they send nine vanes to try out the number is 1-800-253-0136 hey I was wandering what jig most of you use to put the blazers on to get good helical

Top Bottom