Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

VariFlame Primer Adaptors

Rackaddict

Life Member
I posted this in the Tech Talk but here may be better.
<hr style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(51, 51, 51);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --> Has anyone used these or are using them now? What's your opinion on them?

Here's the ad:

VariFlame Primer Adaptors - An ingenious adapter that's shaped just like a 209X50 primer, but that seats small rifle primers instead. You can use these with any existing 209X50 breech plug. They are completely re-usable and come with tools for punching out used primers and seating new ones.

And the idea behind them:

"It is pretty much common knowledge that the 209X50 primer has potential for disrupting accuracy in muzzle loading rifles. The ignition blast upsets your loads and the amount of fouling just adds to the already existing problems that muzzle loader fouling presents to those who seek accuracy.
The solution is to use small rifle primers... Less primer blast and far cleaner ignition ."

VariFlame_small.gif

Blah, blah, blah. Yes, I've used them... No, I did not like them. They didn't fire well in my muzz, and even when they did, I saw no difference. A good load is jammed down the barrell too hard to be unseated before ignition with a 209, imo.

Top Bottom