Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vehicle GPS

Rudd

Life Member
Wondering what you'd recommend for in an vehicle GPS? I have been known to make a wrong turn now/then. I want something with voice commands, decent size screen and one that includes the majority of the roads without a constant updating. Appreciate your input.

My fiance just got a Garmin. When I went to the Deer Classic last weekend I plugged that bad boy into my cig lighter on my truck and it took me everywhere I told it to with no problems...has voice command and everything.

I have the HP iPAQ. It has the TomTom software. This model also also is a pocket PC with WiFi. You can change the voices on TomTom. I like Mandy, she has a sexy voice, although she keeps telling me to "turn around when possible".

I am on my 2nd week out of state with work and using a Magellan never lost. I would not recommend this, I have found 2 cities that it cannot find, you have to call an 800 number and they tell you a different city to punch in to get the same address.

My father-in-law has a Garmin, I believe it's a 200 or 220. That works very well

Garmin NUVI 850, 860, or 880 all receive voice commands. Check out their website. There is a great side by side comparison chart.
Garmin also has great customer service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ruddly-

Only girls need GPS!~ /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Oh you buy one and you wont think so, I decided to buy a Garmin 60CSX, it isnt voice activated but it does beep when you are coming up to the next turn and is very nice.....plus it is hand held so you can take it with you to your buddies favorite honey hole and mark your waypoint /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Just buy the adapter so it is attached to your car windshield and you are good to go.

I have one and now wonder how I ever found my way without one. When I started booking my trailer into Sportshows I decided I had better have one because I didnt want to get lost downtown in some big city while pulling a $100K trailer around. After doing extensive research into the units (checked out consumer reports and read reviews from several other websites as well) I decided on a "Intellinav One" sysyem made by Netropa Corp. Does every thing the top end Garmins will do but for half the price. Has online updates when you think its needed, voice prompts, 2d and 3d screen, several route and travel options, mp3 and photo albums (which I never use). Has all US and Canada cities and points of interest. Its never been wrong yet and I've sure put it to the test. You get what you pay for with these things so don't be afraid to pay for a top end system and avoid the bargins.

It's hard to go wrong with the Garmin Nuvi models, for a road use GPS. Most units nowadays have the same nessessary features. It just depends on what types of extra's you need or want in a GPS. The Nuvi 350 is a great unit to look at, to start.

Verizen Wireless has a free GPS with my phone and it works awesome. I can punch in any address or ask it for liquor stores in the area and it directs me to where I am going with a womans voice. It is called navigator and is free for most verizon customers. I have a Garmin handheld gps for elk hunting and we like it.

Garmin Nuvi 350............awesome, my wife loves her's and I just bought another for my truck. Worth every penny.

Top Bottom