Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Venison Jerky

What did you use for seasoning? I've always used Hi-Mountain seasoning and can't be happier. The Cracked Pepper 'n Garlic is all I'll use of theirs because it is so good.

What did you use for seasoning? I've always used Hi-Mountain seasoning and can't be happier. The Cracked Pepper 'n Garlic is all I'll use of theirs because it is so good.
Exactly what I did, saved me the typing.;)

I smoke/dried it in a Brinkman smoker with an electric element with hickory wood.

Exactly what I did, saved me the typing.;)

I smoke/dried it in a Brinkman smoker with an electric element with hickory wood.

Just finishing up with batch #3 tonight. Same seasoning brand. Did some cracked pepper and garlic and some jalapeño. Smoking with oak though. You guys do ground strips or whole muscle? I go whole muscle, I like tough jerky.

Real men eat muscle jerky. Ground is for those that can take their teeth out. :D

Haha! That's a good one! I guess I could have just looked at your picture to see if it was ground or whole....looks good!

Gundog - I had mine on the smoker at 200 degrees for about 4 hours. It was cut a little thicker than it should have been so it too a little longer.

Top Bottom