Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Verdict is in (Mrs Shredder scored)

Shredder

Life Member
It should have been a tracking job for last night but with a marginal hit....you just never know. Mrs Shredder had to work today so I went out in search of her buck this am. I replayed the video to see where he last was then walked over to the area. I went down the closest trail knowing he had left the field and found blood about waist high on some branches but nothing beyond that. I smelled something foul in the creek and looked over to see an antler.....not her deer but a nice buck nonetheless.....I'll go get the rack after all has rotted away. Anyways, I had continued down the trail with no sign whatsoever, just heavy tracks in the mud. First thing I thought of...."I will head down to the Boneyard"...a place I find a deer or two dead every year. I crossed over one small saddle ridge and looked toward the bottoms and saw the rack sticking up.......found the sucker. Hindsight is always 20/20......I knew the deer would die but did not want to push. He was about 100 yards from the blind. The coyotes must have had a ball as his hindquarters are gone. Sad to see it go that way but at least he was recovered. The shot was thru one lung and the liver. I called Mrs Shredder to tell her I found her buck and she was thrilled. He is what I figured....about 125-130 9 point.....tall tines and good mass...a 3.5 year old for sure.

933manda_sbuck2004.jpg

933buckandkids.jpg

Re: Verdict is in

congrats you guys! i knew you'd find him! quite a few good ones hit the ground within the past 48 hours!

Shredder……………So glad you recovered Amanda’s buck. Can’t wait to see the photos.
applause.gif

Way to go. Awesome family photo. I am sure you are proud of the Mrs. and from the ground to boot.

Re: Verdict is in *edited*

Mercy, man that is a nice buck. Congratulations Amanda!
waytogo.gif

Congrat's, what a year you are having over there also. Keep up the good work!!

congrats,I like the curve in the rack,looks like if you blew a beach ball up inside those antlers it would stick
grin.gif
! hope you can salvage what the yotes didnt steal.

That is a great looking buck. Sure am glad you found it without a long track job.

Great job, Amanda. Glad to hear that the buck was recovered. Sounds like it's time to kill a few more yotes.

Top Bottom