Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Very late twins! Spots still.

I had to check cameras today and had noticed earlier in the year that were a set of twins out at one of the farms that had been born very very late. I meant to get a decent picture on here so you could see how young these are. If we would of had a bad winter I don't think they would have made it if we would have had a bad winter like the previous years. Most of the bucks that I got on camera here have shed out. Had one picture with a half rack and the rest have lost both sides. Check these little guys out and let me know if this is a very common thing or not. I have not had any this young on camera this late in the year before. I pry have 30 photos of this set.

Fawns.jpg

Wow, that's amazing! Their mother obviously needs to get out more... :grin:

There was one near my house that was tiny when we 1st seen it in mid October, found it two weeks later after the 1st snow (6") dead. Estimated it weighed about 12 lbs if that. Very unusually for sure, probably a yearling doe bred in March?

Good thing they were not around my parents neck of the woods. My dad's hunting group likes shooting little deer even more when they have spots!!! :) Just kidding had to tease the group!! I am always yelling at them for shooting little deer then they are always complaing when they run out of deer meat later in the year!.

Either way they are very young and I was wondering if maybe they are like migots or something. I know it happens in humans why not deer. Have they grown out of their spots yet?

Very interesting!!!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Wow...that is amazing. If you were in your stand at the right time during early season, you could have probably watched them being born! Nice pic!

Crazy, I've never seen that so late or heard of it even. They are lucky how mild our winter has been.

Never seen that before. The way I figure it, they look no more than 4 months old. That would mean the doe was bred the end of may or maybe even later. I would'nt believe it if you had not posted these pics.

I saw a pair of spotted twins during late muzzy in Jasper County. They were a little older than these but still had spots.

I saw what looked like a newborn fawn a couple weeks ago. it was standing beside a doe and its head didnt even reach her hams. very odd for sure

Top Bottom