Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Very unusual turkey pic...

Folks I have about 25-ish years of turkey hunting under my belt and have only seen this happen twice. I was able to photograph a hen in full strut.

I was doing some aggressive calling (mainly yelps and some loud cutting) and this old girl came in and was ready to b*tch-slap the hen she heard calling!

She was obviously very aggitated at my loud calling and started to show some aggresive posturing and the next thing I knew she was in full strut for about 30 seconds!

Enjoy!

MO
smirk.gif
616Strutting_Hen_1.jpg

I had that happen my very first year of turkey hunting, my dad had to VERY QUICKLY call me off as I had the 10 gauge cocked and was starting to take aim!

Cool pic.

I was lucky enough to see that twice. Once up close and the other time was this year watching a tom and a hen go round and round. I am not sure who was chasing who?

Thats awsome!!!
I have only seen it once in real life as well, this year in fact....
ver cool!!

I have seen it once in all my years of turkey hunting.....and that was this year during 2nd season. I called in 6 hens to the decoys and the boss hen went in to strut and was very pissed. Her head even turned a slightly more red color as well as she putted and called aggressively to the hen decoys. If I hadn't been watching her come in with the other hens I would have thought she was a beardless jake. She walked away with the rest of the girls and I brought her right back with some hard cutting on the box. Two toms watched and strutted just out of gun range the entire time. What a show...

Oh, and nice pic!

Seen one down around the Lake Rathbun area a few years back. She stayed in full strut for about an hour no more than 20 yards from me. It was really neat to watch.

Top Bottom