Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Veterans Day Buck

hunthoyt

forum
forum
forum
I decided to go out on Veterans day since I've had good luck on this day in the past. I was hunting in south central Iowa and it was extremely windy that day. I was in my stand by 1:45 and had decided to use a Mrs. Doe Pee drag line on my way in to my stand and had circled my stand to help pick up any crusing bucks nose. I had climbed up and was just hooking on my harness when a small six was coming in nose to the ground on my trail and walked right to the wick I had hanging infront of my tree while my bow was still hanging from my rope. I waited for him to walk off and raised my bow and got settled in. about 45 minutes passed and nothing else had showed up so I had pulled out my phone and decided to check fb to see if anyone had been seeing anything or shot any good bucks yet. I had wrote a post and said I hope my grandfather can bring some luck my way since he passed away this April to stage 4 liver cancer. This would be my first season without being able to show him what I had harvested so I decided to dedicate my season to him. I put my phone in my pocket and it was maybe 30 seconds later I hear a doe come running in from behind me with a small buck on her tail grunting his heart out. I turn to see the two just as they are going by me under my stand and was about to sit back down when this wide 8 walked right under me and I never knew he was there. I waited for him to walk infront of my tree and I shot him at 18 yards with a Rage Hypodermic and he went 25 yards and stood broadside just looking around for a few seconds before falling over. Once again being a Veteran and hunting on Veterans day with a little luck from above paid off.

Congrats on a good looking 8pt from your gallery! Glad gpa could help you out. Thanks for sharing

Top Bottom