video cam suggestions

PointBlank

Does anybody have any sugestions on a particular video camera to buy? I am not going to break the bank, so will probably be looking at an entry level or mid level price range. I plan on using it for family stuff and to try to get some footage from the tree stand and turkey blind. Thanks for the help

I bought a JVC in August, I love it and it has one of the best optical zooms out there at 25x. The best part about it was the price was under $300, so if you are looking for something with good quality and great features it is a good one. It also has a built in snapshot mode at 1.3MP so you can get still images. The only thing that I can say bad about it is the battery that comes with it has about 1hr 20min of time. However you can get on ebay and get a 5hr battery for 60 or 70 bucks.

Kratz

I just bought a new digital Panasonic PV-GS19 mini DV, this summer and love it. 24X optical zoom, 2.5 LCD, manual zoom (which you almost need if your in the woods) and great quality. You can also purchase what is known as a Doubler, for it which hooks up to your camera that doubles the power of zoom, so you can go out to about 48X optical power, and 1600x didgital zoom. This was an awesome purchase for me this summer when I was videotaping deer this summer in fields. This particular camera costs about $320, but you can get the same camera with a few extras for a little more. By far the best camera I've bought yet. The Doubler, which you can get at Best Buy, cost around $40. Also a very good buy.

My wife decided that since I had spent money on hunting gear that she would spend some herself. She bought a Cannon ZR-200 digital video camera. If she only knew. By the way is it any good?

Back