Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Video camcorders

I am looking into buying a camcorder to start filming hunts, does anyone have any suggestions on cameras?? im looking for a nice one but decent priced...

thanks

It all depends on what you want to spend. The canon gl2 is a good starter camera. The higher end models are worth it if you want quality footage. The canon xha1s is an awsome camera. Sony also has a new camera that is tapless and full hd for $3500!

What he said. No matter what you do I would look for something HD. Last year I bought a Canon Vixia HF11. It's a very compact camera with built in memory and also accepts SD cards. I've owned a GL2 and other than more zoom and a little better low light it don't hold a candle to the little Vixia. Anything HD makes a world of a difference. The only problem with newer HD cams is having a computer and software that will accept it. I bought a new computer this spring and an editing program and it's smooth sailing now. You can get these compact HD cams anywhere from $500-$1000.

I have a buddy using a Sony FX7 which uses tapes and is HD and he really likes it. Another friend is using a Sony FX1000 and loves it. And I've heard only great things about the XHA1's.

Like Jason said it depends on what you want to spend and what your going to do with it...

Top Bottom