Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Video Cameras

M

MNHunter

Does anybody do allot of videotaping while hunting?
I have used my Canon ZR45, but it is noisy when you turn it on.
What kind of cameras do you all use ? Opinions?

I try. I use a Sony camera. It is noisy, but even with deer right under my tree they have never heard the recording. When I turn it on or off they are usually out a bit further and have not heard it yet either. I turned off all the noise options during power up and power down.

Finally got a camera this summer and really enjoyed filming the deer during the summer months. Filmed quite a bit while hunting and found it to make my hunts even more enjoyable. Not sure which model it is. Help me out Shredder, what kind of camera do I have?

DCR TRV19 Sony camera. It is a discontinued item now and has been replaced with the DCR HC20. dcr HC20 DCR HC65

The second one is a little more pricey but has the manual focus on the lens making it quick and easy to use.

I have all the sounds turned off and I had one buck get spooked last year from it, but the doe that my daughter shot didn't hear the old digital canon.

I use a JVC video camera with the digital memory for still shots. I have noticed that both the still and video footage seems to be severely degraded by cold weather. Anyone else have that problem? Any solutions?

I film with a Canon XL1S and I have noticed that it seems loud when turning the camera on. Although we have never had a deer react badly to it. I myself try and start the video long before they are very close, so far it has worked great for us. I haven't had any problems with the cold, I do need to get some anti-fog and put on the view finder. We found out the hard way, use only premium tapes. Buy a good head cleaner for your camera. I just wish someone made a camo decal kit for the XL1S. I have a camo cover that someone made for it, but it's very restictive.

Chris

I use a sony also. Has anyone seen the picture quality of the dvd recorders yet? I hope they are not as fuzzy as my video unit is now. Really pricy but if they have a better quality picture I might play the pawn shop game to try and snag one.

tracker, that is my project for today (I hope). Picked myself up a dvd burner for my pc - about $100. Going to try to get some hunting footage onto DVD and see how it works. Will post later if I have good results.

I have had no problems getting the video edited and put on dvd, they turn out great.
I use InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2, pretty simple program.
It will burn in the following formats DVD 1 & 2 hrs, VR, DVD on CD (HQ), SVCD & VCD.
I always burn to DVD+R - they seem to be the most compatible.

Top Bottom