Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

video taping turkey hunting

J

jason

My father bought a new didgital vidoe camera. And we're taking it hunting this spring. I was wondering it were going to have to put a camo netting around it because it's mostly light gray. And i was also wondering if any of you guys tape by your self. How hard of task is it? Can you manage a camera on a tripod next to you while your sitting still, Or is it to much of a hasal? Thanks

Like anything the more equipment you're dragging around the more hassle. It's much easier to hunt with two people and tape, but if thats not an option you can tape alone. I have had success taping myself shooting a few Toms. Alone you have to be willing to take a few more chances moving so that you get the bird in the frame. All these extra things to do before the moment of truth adds to the difficulty and a little extra heart pounding. I would recommend a tri-pod, removeable camo tape, and an external mic if possible (so you hear the gobbling, drumming, and footsteps and not so much camera noise.)

Top Bottom