Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vital Bow Gear sights

TimberPig

I am looking for a sight for my new Outback and would like to try a vertical pin sight. I have heard too many negative comments about Trophy Ridge sights to spend $80 there.
Has anybody had any experience with the Vital Bow Gear sights? I was looking at the Trapper model for my bow. Looks sturdy, all machined aluminum with the pins and guard as one piece, 1 yard of fiber optic for each pin.

I noticed that several places had all the VBG sights on sale as if they were dumping them.
Anybody have any experience with them?
Thanks....

I purchased the oracle by Vital Bow Gear last summer and I love it. It has 1 yard of fiber optic material for each pin and I can't get over how bright the pins are in low light. They even cover the spool with a glow-in-the dark tape to provide extra light to pins at dusk. Seems durable, but time will tell....

Timberpig, I wouldn't worry too much about the vertical pins. There are not all that great. I tried trophy ridge for a while and didn't like how they covered the up and down portion of the animal. Was really annoying to me. Just my own opinion. I switched back to the horizontal sights. Copper John is a great sight. Strong and bright pins. VBG was my second choice. They did seem super bright. I've heard excellent feedback on those. Just not sure on durablity, especially the spool that hangs on the side. Either VBG or Copper John would be great sights for the money.

it's all personal opinions when it comes to sights. i think vertical pins are the best thing to come along since sliced bread. i also think that trophy ridge is the best sight i've ever used. i'm curious, how new are Vital Bow Gear sights? i've never even heard of them to be honest with ya.

if any of you guys out there that have trophy ridge sights want to unload them for a good price i could maybe work something out with ya.

But you never have money for anything else muddy how can you buy everyones sites?
evil.gif

Limb- notice he said he'd try to work with you!!! Maybe a 1000 fish scales for each pin or something like that! Just sh!tting you muddy!
grin.gif

DOR, thanks for the back up!!

Limb -
bootyshake.gif

you never know when someone may want a hot tip on a great fishing hole, i may not have a lot of extra spending cash but i do know of secret hidey holes to catch 20 inch smallmouth and such.
waytogo.gif
granted, these next couple aren't close to 20 inches but the walleyes and catfish we shocked up in this area are damn nice and who wouldn't want to catch 15 inch smallies all day long??
wink.gif

097203.JPG

Muddy, I have a Matrix 5 pin Micro with a light kit that I would unload on ya. Let me know what you need.

Thanks for the info guys, I may just give them a try. I'm not sure how I will like the vertical pin style but time will tell.
Muddy- I dont know how new they are for sure, I noticed them first in (I think) last years Cabelas Archery cataglog. They arent cheap sights either, I think the Trapper goes for $90.
vitalbowgear.com

Top Bottom