Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wadaya think....

kansasbowhunter

Shed Head!!!
Just got these pictures developed off of my trail camera. I appologize for the quality, I had to scan them in and they have they evidently had some funky exposure to the negative. I cropped the 2 pictures in an attempt to get a better look at them.

First question, what do you think this deer will score???

Second question, do you think this is the same deer as the last pictures of the sheds??? I found those sheds last year. I see characteristics that are very similar like the split G2, however the sheds had a large drop tine that was broken off and they appear to carry more mass.

So tell me, wadayathink???

2388Towner9-1.jpg

2388TOWNER7-med.jpg

2388Towner9-1.jpg

2388TOWNER9-med.jpg

2388MVC-159S-med.jpg

2388MVC-158S-med.jpg

2388MVC-160S-med.jpg

2388MVC-161S-med.jpg

I'd guess the mid 170's & think it's a 98% chance of being the same buck. Good luck getting a crack at that hog.

One like that walks past me...he is getting an arrow for a souvenier
grin.gif

I agree with 203.....mid 170's and same buck

So if it's the same deer, where did the drop tine go to on the 2004 rack? Is it typical for a drop to just disappear the next year. The sheds have a number of similiarities to the photo, I will admit, but that disappearing drop tine has me puzzled.

I say it is the same deer and I have seen deer that have had a drop tine one year and not the next.

i dunno if this is possible....maybe he was injured to cause him not to grow the drop? or maybe broke it off really early in the growth stage?

or how about possibly it is a different deer with the same genitics or maybe a twin brother of the drop tine?

there are so many questions you could ask and never answer about that deer.

huntn4life

You got me, It sure does look like the same deer as far as similiar racks, but when i seen the picture I wouldn't think that deer would score over 155, he looks not massive at all, looks like not much width, and about the only thing he's got going for him is some good tine length, then I see the sheds and can't believe how bad the picture makes him look like a dink compared to a close up of the sheds. so who knows lol it's probably the same buck, just the picture has me confused.
smile.gif

You make a very valid point Liv!!!! If, it is the same deer then he has not grown very much at all. It looks like he does not have very much mass, however, he does appear to have more main beam length....

I am really not sure that it is the same deer..... The picture that has a side profile makes him look pretty big, however, the other picture does not....

I guess I will simply have to shoot him this year, or, find his sheds and then we will really know!!!!

Mark...

I would say same deer 100%. In low light or darkness there is alot of shadow and the beams or points will not look as massive. That is because you can not see it. Trail cameras are good at getting a rough estimate on score. I have hundreds of buck pictures and sometimes they look bigger and sometimes smaller. The only real way is to see them if real life most of the time to get a better estimate on score. I would say that buck is a 170 class deer for sure!!

Oh my god!! That boy is a PIG. Looks like the same deer and I would guess at least a 170. Good luck on getting a shot at him this year...

Top Bottom