Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wanted........Young Iowan for "Hunt of a Lifetime"

stuffy

Do you know of some young Iowan sportsperson, that has been stricken by a life threatening disease?

A year and a half ago, the Iowa Taxidermist Association, joined together with "Hunt of a Lifetime" Foundation, to help send a 13 year old boy, from Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, to Alaska for a moose hunt.He had been fighting luekemia for a few years. He was successful on his hunt, and now his trophy is hanging on his wall!
cool.gif

We are now looking for our next young person, who would love to go.

They must be under 18. Boy or girl,from Iowa.A love for the outdoors,and would love to go on a hunting or fishing trip.

If you know of someone, please let me know on this thread, or send me a PM.

To read more; go to www.iowataxidermyassociation.com the moose story and photos are at the bottom of the home page.

or www.huntofalifetime.org

Everyone should go to their websight at huntofalifetime.org and read about this super organization. I became interested after seeing a hunt on the Outdoor Channel involving a youth hunter that was on a Hunt Of A Lifetime. Since then I was lucky enough to meet up with the founder (Tina Pattison) at the Pheasent Fest in Des Moines. H.O.A.L. is strictly ran by volunteers and donors from all over the country.
***While you are at the websight click on their "90 day raffle". This is a huge fundraiser that offers a chance at (64) quality guns, (22) different cash prizes from $500-$10,000, and (4) 2007 Honda four wheelers. You can view previous winners as well as the recent winners. I plan on selling tickets next year, so hopefully there will be a few winners with "IA" next to their name along with all the winners from "PA" and "OH". Tickets will again be $40 for two plays. There is a limit of 5,000 tickets and the numbers are drawn using the PA Big Four Lotto.

Please take the time to read about H.O.A.L. and some of the stories about the hunts that get put together for the youths. It is well worth the time.

I don't think there will be a booth at the Classic this year. The tickets have been long sold out for this year's raffle (going on right now, check out the list of guns being given away). I was told if I wanted to sell for next year's raffle, I needed to get packets in June or July. When I get packets for 08' I will let people know. Looking at the HOAL websight's list of winners, since Feb. 1st they have given away 13 guns, $6,500 in cash, and an 07' Honda TRX 500 4 Trax.

Thanks,I seen a show yesterday where they took a young man out west on a elk hunt.He dropped a nice bull with one shot,and was the first animal he had ever taken.If you get a packet put a post here,I'am sure all the great people from this site would support this great cause.

Top Bottom