Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

warm gloves

shackdaddy

my best gloves ripped the other morning now im looking for something new.... so whats the warmest hunting gloves out there that can be used for gun and bow hunting?

I am not the guy you want to talk to if you are hooked on just gloves. I do not wear insulated versions, just the thin early season ones. I do however use the hand muffs like the ones on grey wolf wollens or in cabelas. Keeps your hands perfect and ready yet you still have great dexterity of your hands....something to think about anyways.

Cabelas Grey Wolf woolens

I think I bought about 15 pairs of those $1.00 camoed jersey gloves at Wal-Mart and are still using them
grin.gif
I am like shredder, I don't like to wear Bulky gloves, I like to have barely nothing on my hands. If I am gun hunting, I will break out a little warmer of a glove but it still is fairly lightweight.
smile.gif
I hear the artic shield glove system is pretty warm, it might be something to check into.
smile.gif

Having cold hands is expected where I hunt.

If you insist on having gloves the Artic Shield gloves are about the best. However, in my opinion nobody makes a decent and warm glove yet.., or boot for that matter!

They can put men on the moon but we cant keep our hands and feet warm. I've always had a problem with that.

The advice above is as good as I would give. Go thin, carry a muff, add a couple heat packs and you should be able to handle the coldest days.

Never found a pair of gloves that I liked for hunting. They can't seem to make one that is warm and tight fitting so that you don't have trouble with the release or gun trigger.

[ QUOTE ]
I do not wear insulated versions, just the thin early season ones. I do however use the hand muffs like the ones on grey wolf wollens or in cabelas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, light weight gloves and the Cabelas hand warming muff. If it is real cold I will put a hand wamer in the muff.
smile.gif

During gun season I like to wear the mittens that the top pull back to expose the fingers.During late bow season I will wear one on my bow hand and a lighter glove on my release hand.When I was in the service we used what they called trigger mittens that were a mitten with on your shooting hand had a finger in it for your trigger finger which were warm and could be worn with or with out liners that could be found at surplus stores.I have thought about a muff,but do any of you have problems with your bowstring cathcing them,or do you move them to the side before you shoot?

I am fortunate enough to have good circulation but when it really gets cold (below zero) I have had good luck with the arctic shield glove system.

[ QUOTE ]
I am fortunate enough to have good circulation but when it really gets cold (below zero) I have had good luck with the arctic shield glove system.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that. The ArcticShield System Glove has an a lightweight inner glove that you can wear when it's not so cold. When the temps dip down, just slip on the outer mitten.

You can fold to top of the mitten back to use your fingers or just slip off the mitten entirely if you are going to take a shot.

3300ArticShield.jpg

I wear gloves/mittens like the ones Nebraska posted pics of. My hands tend to get cold easily. I stuff a hand warmer inside the glove on the back of my hand, then one inside the flap that goes over my fingers. I occasionally loose the one inside the flap when I get ready to shoot, but hopefully it's time to start dragging then.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
My hands tend to get cold easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too
crazy.gif

I try to just use handwarmers in my pockets because I really don't like shooting with gloves on.

When carrying a gun those gloves look like the ticket though
cool.gif

Need something like that for my feet
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I wear gloves/mittens like the ones Nebraska posted pics of. My hands tend to get cold easily. I stuff a hand warmer inside the glove on the back of my hand, then one inside the flap that goes over my fingers. I occasionally loose the one inside the flap when I get ready to shoot, but hopefully it's time to start dragging then.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing with the handwarmers when it gets REALLY cold!
grin.gif

Paul, get the arctic shield boot blankets and put a hand warmer in each of them. I start to sweat just thinking about that...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Paul, get the arctic shield boot blankets and put a hand warmer in each of them. I start to sweat just thinking about that...
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
waytogo.gif

Sounds like that will do the trick!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do not wear insulated versions, just the thin early season ones. I do however use the hand muffs like the ones on grey wolf wollens or in cabelas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, light weight gloves and the Cabelas hand warming muff. If it is real cold I will put a hand wamer in the muff.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!!
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
They can put men on the moon but we cant keep our hands and feet warm. I've always had a problem with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kdding Dan. I had a damn hard time keeping digits toasty at -30 Celcius this November, throw a will chill in you're buggered. I go big wool and leather mitts and heat packs then, slip it off when you need to.

I bought the Manzilla (sp) bowhunting gloves. Similar to the ArcticShield but don't have the inner linner. I just wear a pair of nylon gloves underneath when it's really cold. You are also able to put a hand warmer in the end of each glove. The best part is that they are made to fit around a release aid. A lot of the winter gloves have such big cuffs that the release won't fit around them.

There is no such thing as a good glove. What works for my cold hands are glomitts. I like the Cabela's MT050 glomitt with windstopper liner. When it gets real cold include a hand warmer muff. The Artic Shield system is ok, but I like it better for gun hunting and the Cabela's for archery. Reason being is I really like a bare finger on the release.

Top Bottom