Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Washed out pics

harleyjohnc

Just wondered if anyone has had any success blocking a portion of the leds to eliminate washed out pics. I seem to get several right at sunrise and sunset and most critters are close enough that I wonder if flash is just too bright. Cheap cam but other than this issue it seems to do a pretty decent job

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Sounds more like an issue with the IR filter at those times of day rather than the number of LEDs.

Haven't tried blocking out LED's for fear of not getting enough light on a true night time pic. But yeah, I have one Bushnell that washes out semi-regularly at first and last light. It is in deep timber though, and it's still activating the ir flash when it wouldn't have to if it were in a more open location. Guess I've just learned to live with it for now...

NWBuck

Haven't tried blocking out LED's for fear of not getting enough light on a true night time pic. But yeah, I have one Bushnell that washes out semi-regularly at first and last light. It is in deep timber though, and it's still activating the ir flash when it wouldn't have to if it were in a more open location. Guess I've just learned to live with it for now...

NWBuck

Appreciate the response, think I may give it a try it seems even some late night pics are a little bright as well. Guess I'll try next time I check that cam it's also in deep timber

Thanks for the replies; could be the filter but cam is also in deep timber and some late night pics also seem a little bright. Guess I'll try next time I check this cam. Mine is a Wild Game Innovations cam and other than this it takes decent pics

[QUOTE="harleyjohnc;]Mine is a Wild Game Innovations cam
Sent from my iPhone using IW[/QUOTE]
That's the problem right there. Give it 3 months and it won't function at all.

[QUOTE="harleyjohnc;]Mine is a Wild Game Innovations cam
That's the problem right there. Give it 3 months and it won't function at all.[/QUOTE]

Probably right but I won't be out much if it grows legs lol

You can get moultries for the same price that will last longer.. I'm a college student so I don't have much of a budget so I know how it goes, have had plenty of cameras, blinds, and stands stolen.

Top Bottom