Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Washing Machines.....

Willie

PMA Member
I know you're probably wondering why the subject is about washing machines but tonight I was going to wash my gear and made a discovery I think everyone should check before washing their hunting clothes. As usual, I ran an empty cycle with some baking soda just to clean things up. When I opened the lid I noticed one small stream of blue liquid in the bottom of the tub coming from the agitator - clothing softener!!!
threaddevil.gif
My adorable wife had mentioned she didn't think the clothes were coming out with that "oh so nice winter mountain air, springtime breeze, lilac lavendar, summer rain fragrance" so she just kept adding a little more each time....

Guy's, if your wife/significant other or yourself uses softeners please go check the little bowl that you put it in. Pull it off and check down in the column of the agitator - you may be surprised with the build up if your machine is a few years old
bigshock.gif
. I just spent the last hour soaking and washing those parts to try and get it washed out. I was going to take some pictures but couldn't stand the gunk anymore and if my wife ever found out that I posted something like that, well....it wouldn't be good. It's one of those things I never thought about till tonight
wall.gif

I know what you're talking about. Take the agitator out & look at the residue. I have rebuilt mine 2 times in 16 years. Tub bearing, mounting stem boot & seal. It all looks clean as can be ...until you tear one apart.

P.S. - we use dryer sheets...no blue gunk
smile.gif

sooo........what you are saying, is this could be good blackmail fodder if a guy were to print this off, and slip it to your wife? say..maybe at a soccer game?

just kidding, i would never do that....
without altering it a bit, to be sure to cause major damage

[ QUOTE ]
sooo........what you are saying, is this could be good blackmail fodder if a guy were to print this off, and slip it to your wife? say..maybe at a soccer game?

[/ QUOTE ]
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dirty pool Troy.....
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How about this Teeroy.....I'm thinking a few packages of elk steaks would keep us quiet
evil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking a few packages of elk steaks would keep us quiet

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was get'n bribed with that, I think I'd just take my lumps from the ol lady. I'd rather have my ears ring for another day than give up elk cuts.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How about this Teeroy.....I'm thinking a few packages of elk steaks would keep us quiet
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, you're right. Elk steaks sound perfect for dinner tonight. A nice filet cut about two inches thick, wrapped in bacon and cooked medium rare sounds pretty darn good. Throw in some garden taters and onions and a few cold ones and I think by 7:30 I'll be just right
busted.gif
. I'm sure you smart guys are too busy to stop by for dinner so I'll eat your share too.

[ QUOTE ]
You know, you're right. Elk steaks sound perfect for dinner tonight. A nice filet cut about two inches thick, wrapped in bacon and cooked medium rare sounds pretty darn good. Throw in some garden taters and onions and a few cold ones and I think by 7:30 I'll be just right . I'm sure you smart guys are too busy to stop by for dinner so I'll eat your share too.

[/ QUOTE ]

good idea, posting that after i had gone to bed for the day....

i think i have a better route.

i go up to your wife, tell her ol' bill has been shooting off his mouth about the little woman on iowawhitetail. if she slips me a couple packages of elk, i'll turn over the evidence

[ QUOTE ]
I just spent the last hour soaking and washing those parts to try and get it washed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there, done that. Just last night as a matter of fact.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i go up to your wife, tell her ol' bill has been shooting off his mouth about the little woman on iowawhitetail. if she slips me a couple packages of elk, i'll turn over the evidence

[/ QUOTE ]

then, after she pays that ransom, i go to willie, and for a couple more packages, i don't
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then, after she pays that ransom, i go to willie, and for a couple more packages, i don't
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring it...
2guns.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring it...
2guns.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I will be sure to print this off and bring it with me this weekend
evil.gif

Top Bottom