Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WasIRight?

loneranger

Was my forecast this week right? Dry for. Eastern Iowa.? It rained good today again like last week. DesMoines and south and west.After cutting down into MO it is now crossing MO. Almost exactly like last week. Missing eastern and NE Iowa. Two and a half wks now near Ottumwa here,,only half inch.Glad. I got lots of water previous to this. Next chance maybe next week but I bet it does the same thing. We are stuck in this pattern.

Haven't had a drop.. here. Put some plots in for some friends north of I-80 July 27 and they still haven't got rain

Yep last nite same as last week. All went down into MO. To the west it bulged up last nite to highway34 Oseola in the west. I tho9t,now if that just moves due east of everyone along and south of 34 will get a good soaking! It tried but got held out there. Areas out there got deludged. It finally moved east to give Ottumwa and me 1/2 '' but then dove into MO. Strange??

Planted some brassicas July 26 still havnt gotten any rain. A few drops here and there. I was hoping for rain all day today

We got almost 3 inches in the past two days, I don't want to be "that guy", but my plots look great for the most part. Got a little more clover down while it was lightly raining and got my urea down on all my brassicas. Hope you guys get the moisture in the coming days! Looks promising next week.

Yep,Bedford,is that about south central IA? That is the area I WATCHED LAST NITE. Rain just sat out there for hrs being held back by unseen forces.Until it finally shoved down into MO. Did same last week. I am glad I am as far west as I am. I got some of it!

Yep,Bedford,is that about south central IA? That is the area I WATCHED LAST NITE. Rain just sat out there for hrs being held back by unseen forces.Until it finally shoved down into MO. Did same last week. I am glad I am as far west as I am. I got some of it!

We are very SW corner. Third county east from Nebraska on the bottom 10 minutes from MO. Line.

Well most everyone west of Ottumwa has gotten lots last couple weeks. Next few days let's pray everyone gets some moisture cause just like last summer the heat is finally gonna turn on end of Aug . First wk of Sept last year was hottest first sept wk ever recorded in DesMoines. I remember it well. I was putting in steps at a State Park that week. When the heat pushes in end of the week instead of all the activity down in Mo, it will jump up to Minn.

I agree Loneranger seems like once school starts up the heat turns up. Kids will probably have early outs. If only we could go home from work because it gets to hot. We need rain bad up here in the NE corner.

We got almost 3 inches in the past two days, I don't want to be "that guy", but my plots look great for the most part. Got a little more clover down while it was lightly raining and got my urea down on all my brassicas. Hope you guys get the moisture in the coming days! Looks promising next week.

We put in some food plots a few weeks back in southern Iowa and they are looking great as well. Steady water- I will do my best and send some out east!

I can guarantee a drought. All I need to do is plant brassicas. Have you noticed the Atlantic has been very quite this year for hurricanes and the eastern Pacific has been more active? Wonder what that means for our winter snow fall/weather patterns. I think it used to be called la nina or el nino.

Last edited:
I have noticed that when it rains and floods, we're soon complaining of drought. And when we just can't seem to buy a rain, we're soon complaining of floods :D

Can't ever remember crops and plots looking better in NW Iowa at this time of year…I know it's not the same everywhere.

NWBuck

I have noticed that when it rains and floods, we're soon complaining of drought. And when we just can't seem to buy a rain, we're soon complaining of floods :D

Can't ever remember crops and plots looking better in NW Iowa at this time of year…I know it's not the same everywhere.

NWBuck

Crops turned out great in my part of MN. Beans in particular look perfect

Since I have been in Iowa it seems every Summer some part of Iowa is lacking on moisture,sometimes a couple areas. Last few years its been me. This summer it seems my area has gotten some of everyone's rain systems. I know though next year it could be me again.

As far as winter? Is anyone's guess at this point? I don't put much stock in the Elnino-lanina stuff. What I watch for in the beginning of winter,is what I look for in the other seasons. Where do the troughs and ridges set up. Last winter and most of this summer has been a ridge in the west a trough in the east. This usually means cool and drier for Iowa in summer - colder and drier in winter.The big storms and moisture are east. Ohio valley and up the east coast.Sure was that way last winter.A trough over the west means a stormy winter for Iowa.

The rain must just miss your farm! I'm just south of ottumwa and it has been raining off and on for the last two days. I can show you chest high beans around here. Forecast shows a chance of rain from mon-thurs.

Last edited:
Yes south towards MO border and west lots of rain has fallen.Gets less and less the farther North and eastvyou go. No I am not complaining.AsI said,I have gotten just enough every week. Crops look great here too. Next week Storm track supposed to make a big jump.From down in MO to Minn border.That should put dry NE people in for the Ring of Fire and give them rain again. People south of there plan on Hot and Dry. I hope ya got rain yesterday?

I was working at my place near Bonaparte Saturday and it rained on and off all day, but at my home im the QC we are bone dry and need rain, although the crops do look ok around me.

Top Bottom