Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wasp Jak Hammer Broadheads

I bought a pack of the Jak Hammers during spring turkey season looking to put a big hole in a gobbler so they wouldn't go far when hit. Never got a shot with the bow. Does anyone like these for deer? Do you need a higher poundage/newer bow to get good penetration with these large cut heads?

For the record, I shoot a Mathews Switchback cranked to 70 pounds. It's tuned very well. Last year, I shot 3 deer and each deer went less than 60 yards. All were pass throughs with 3 blade Muzzy 100 grains. Obviously I like my results, but none of the 3 deer bled much, especially for pass through shots behind the shoulders. I just feel like with a less than great shot, I wouldn't get much of a blood trail to follow and would like to put some bigger holes into deer without sacrificing much penetration. Thanks

I absolutely love the jak hammers. Great penetration, good sized exit hole, easy replacement of blades.

I shot a doe last weekend. Quartering away, entered behind her last rib caught both lungs and the top of the heart. Hit the opposite side shoulder blade and the broadheads was sticking out about 4 inches. Your bow will have no problem with them.

I really like them. I shot two deer last year with them and they went less than 100 yards total. I shot a big doe right through both shoulder blades. She was at 14 yards when I shot her and 43 when she was dead. The exit wound was very impressive.

IMG_20111113_083024.jpg

I've used them and really like them.

Only issue was having to order replacement blades off the internet as most sporting goods stores only stock the latest "rage" in heads. :D

I've used them and really like them. I fell prey to the marketing gimmick of Rage, but would go back to them in a heartbeat. I'm using Rage heads now to see the difference, but Wasp heads left me a red highway to follow most times. Hit my biggest buck 3 years ago through both lungs and into the off shoulder. Both lungs were Jelly when I opened him up. Only went 45 yards.

Excellent heads...shot a couple bear and several deer with them, but now shoot Rage. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

NWBuck

Good luck with those!!!!:thrwrck:

Good luck with Rages or Jak Hammers? Thanks for the input guys. Anyone else have experience with these?

Damn near got to try one out tonight on a few does. They kept looking up at me so instead of try to draw and bust them, I let them through. The wind was right, they were just wary for some reason. Several button bucks past right through without getting even a little skittish.

I shoot the Wasp Boss but have some of the new expandable Z-force to try on some does. Will give a report ASAP.

Top Bottom