Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Watch Her Hips

I know its still a couple weeks out,but a good indicator when the first does are coming into heat is to watch the top of her hips.When the bucks sense she is starting to cycle they naturally ride on top or her hips and the hair starts to get that same look when someone goes against the hair on one of your mounts.The more they do it the worse it gets.It also helps when a buck chases a doe into your area that has deer already in it.If the buck scatters the does and there on both sides of your stand,check the hips and more times than not your back on the right doe.Its a little tougher peak of rut but if any deer come in and the hair is all ruffed up on the hips,I have bow in hand,if the buck is in sight or not.Check out the does hips as they go by now and the hides are smooth,so check the hips and get a grip on that bow.

I know its still a couple weeks out,but a good indicator when the first does are coming into heat is to watch the top of her hips.When the bucks sense she is starting to cycle they naturally ride on top or her hips and the hair starts to get that same look when someone goes against the hair on one of your mounts.The more they do it the worse it gets.It also helps when a buck chases a doe into your area that has deer already in it.If the buck scatters the does and there on both sides of your stand,check the hips and more times than not your back on the right doe.Its a little tougher peak of rut but if any deer come in and the hair is all ruffed up on the hips,I have bow in hand,if the buck is in sight or not.Check out the does hips as they go by now and the hides are smooth,so check the hips and get a grip on that bow.

I will have to watch for this.

Typically the boys South of Hwy 92 are watching the does hips but apparently the NW Iowa crew is as well. ;) ;) Good tip, never noticed that before.

we call that "After Sex Hair"

Check out The Lonely Island's feelings on the matter... :grin:

PG-13

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Oh, I kill me.... :D

Last edited:
Typically the boys South of Hwy 92 are watching the does hips

I never thought you had to go quite that far south, but maybe :confused:

As a colleague of mine used to say, if Missouri would annex the southern two tiers of Iowa counties it would increase the IQ scores of both states :D :D

KIDDING...JUST KIDDING!!! :way:

NWBuck

Why would you shoot this doe??

Top Bottom