Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Watched a buck mount a doe tonight.

Highmark

PMA Member
Come home from the hometown teams football playoff game my oldest (12) and I thought we would take a run around the property and take a look at what we could see with the spotlight. Found a decent 120" 8 standing with a doe not willing to leave her. Within a few minutes she squats and he comes in and sticks his nose in her privates for a minute or two. He appears to want to mount her but seems nervous with the light (who wouldn't). We shut it off for a few minutes and turn it back on to find him with his nose in her rear again. Within 30 seconds he mounts her and goes to town reaching his head as far into the air as he can. Wow, what a neat experience. 25 years deer hunting and scouting, 10 of bow hunting and the first time I've ever seen a buck and doe mate. Made my night.

haha cool story! bet he didnt care bout the light once he was getting his freak on lol.

I think mature bucks end up mating much earlier than most realize with some does that come in season early. A super nice(170-180") 22 pt non-typical was taken near my ground last year about this time. I had watched him 2 weeks earlier already locked down with a doe that he didn't want to leave alone for nothing. The vast majority of does I'm seeing still have yearlings hanging around. This girl was definitely in season.

2 years ago I saw 2 bucks breed the same doe, one right under my stand (spitting distance). They fought over her for 3 hours. I had forgot my camera!

Then 1 yr later on the same day 11/13 I had to climb down because of a wind shift and saw a young buck breed a doe 30 yards while im in a fence row on the ground.. He quivered for 10 minutes! no camera

Top Bottom