Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

waterfowl hunting

S

stag

who all waterfowl hunts on here. and how did you do this year?

Here is one of our early season goose hunts. Did ok this year not as good as others, lots of geese around now. Cut my teeth on waterfowling and up until I found a bow that is all I did. Traveled to many places and had some great trips. Now just mainly hunt geese...

2605gooseStompin4th.jpg

In places we are having good hunts here in arkansas. Went sat morn and we killed 6 limits of mallards. Same for monday.

Was a great year for us. We hunted the river about 90% of the time. We have been having troubles with the people we hunt next to. But they got kicked out so they cant hunt anymore
grin.gif
. But twords the end of the season we were really killing them. After i moved my buddies got 16 one day. 9 the next. And they never got under 6, It was a great season. But i wont be able to do it as much as i want to unless i can find a place down here!
smirk.gif

those are some nice pictures of geese. i didn't get to go goose hunting this year but i did a bit of duck hunting i can't get my duck pic's to upload soo i dono. but me and my buddies are goin to try to tear up the snows durring our conservation snow season here in a few weeks r so. anybody got more pics PM me im interested in taking a look.

I went out opening day and that was it. we killed 42 teal and thats all i went out, didn't feel like walking in anywhere through all the mud and hard to find someone to go with when all my buddies are in college.

Beaver Creek Buck Hunter.....

Your little ten year old cousin had to show you how it was going down early.....straight up.....no fakies!!!
evil.gif

Good thing we live 4 hours north in Gods country or I would never see my son!!!

837gduck1.jpg

p.s. See you at SUPERCROSS in the DOME!

This year was the best we've done in a long time. We stopped counting at 240 Canadians and 190 something ducks. Made a lot of great memories this year.

goose091105.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

yea ur probably right uncle kent. i would have gabe out with me huntin all the time if we lived closer.
shocked.gif

Definately a diehard here. Anymore if it wasn't for the canada goose hunting, Iowa would have a pretty poor season except for a few days a year.

North Dakota is always good to us,and so is Kansas.

This past late season for Honkers was really a nice bonus as far as I'm concerned!

Pupster

Our group had a pretty good year too. Started out with some early teal. (Duckaholic- that pile of teal makes me think of one thing..BBQ teal with a slice of jalapeno!)

In the middle of the season I was able to take my daughter on her first trip to the blind on an afternoon hunt.
smile.gif

I took Ghost Jr. and Sr. out for a youth season hunt. Gabe had his 20 ga. rockin and firin!
smile.gif

We ended up with some good afternoon hunts when those mallards are coming back from the fields full of corn and need a little water to wash it all down with.

You guys are killing me with those goose pictures! That looks like a blast!

I used to eat, sleep, breath waterfowl but there got to be so many people competing for a spot to hunt up here that I all but quit doing it. We went to North Dakota for several years and had some great hunts, but now the land owner wants $ to get in and there are so many guys going to the slough we used to hunt. Around this part of the state, if you're not lined up at the boat ramp by 11pm, you wont get a decent spot. Sure do miss it though. Also, we haven't had the ducks come through N.W. IA like they used to. I haven't seen what I would call a migration come through here for about 5 or more years. Some say the ducks migration patterns have changed. I've kept both boats and my dekes just in case it ever picks up again around here.

5642casey_ducks.jpg

Didnt get out this year but will be going to North Dakota for 2006 season

Top Bottom