Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Waterfowl Seasons

DOUBLE LUNG

Wondering if anyone has seen the season dates for the waterfowl season this year. It is getting dang close. Can't wait to put the hurt on those ducks and geese.

It won't be long!!!!!
556goose1.jpg

556goose.jpg

Ducks:

North zone:

Sept. 17-21
Oct 15 - Dec 8
Canvasbacks Oct 22- Nov 20

South Zone:

Sept 24-28
Oct 22 - Dec 15
Canvasbacks Oct 29- Nov 27

The daily bag limit of ducks is 6, and may include no more than 4 mallards (no more than 2 of which may be females), 1 black duck, 2 wood ducks, 1 pintail, 2 scaup, 3 mottled ducks, 1 canvasback, and 2 redheads. The daily bag limit of mergansers is 5, only 1 of which may be a hooded merganser.

Geese:

Urban zones: Sept 1-15 limit 3 Canada's

Statewide: Sept 10-11 Limit 2 Canada's

North zone:

Canada geese and brant:
October 1 - 9
October 15-December 4.
Dec 24- Jan 2

South Zone:

Canada geese and brant:

October 1-9
October 22 -December 4.
Dec 24- Jan 9

Statewide:
White-fronted geese: October 1 through December 11,
Light geese (white- and blue-phase snow geese and Ross' geese): October 1 through
January 15, 2006.

Bag limit. Daily limit is 2 Canada geese, 2 white-fronted geese, 2 brant, and 20
snow geese.
-------------------------------
Light goose conservation order season. Only light geese (white - and blue-phase
snow geese and Ross' geese) may be taken under a conservation order from the U. S. Fish and
Wildlife Service from January 16, 2006, through April 15, 2006.
Statewide.
Bag limit is 20 light geese.
No possession limit.

I love to hunt Geese in the field. Put on the whites and layout in the snow. I CAN'T WAIT!!!Any way I have struggled with findind a good way to cook them. I made jerky out of some last year and it was O.K. But I was wondering what are some of your best cooking methods????? Help me out and thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering what are some of your best cooking methods????? Help me out and thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a link to some goose recipes. You should be able to find something here that is tasty.

Link

It's funny no one had a recipe for cooking them on a shingle. I would eat the shingle and throw the goose away. IMO

One of my favs so far is goose stir fry and jerky. The Du and realtree web sites have some cooking methods I plan to try or on the food channel type in goose and you'll find all kinds of recipes. I found a cranberry glazed turkey one last year. I made it for thanksgiving and it was the absolute best I ever had. I keep getting asked when I'm making it again, might try it with goose this year
smile.gif
. Hope that helps.

Are you talking Canadas or snows?

I've never had a Giant Canada that wasn't good on the grill or roasted. Slow roasted with onions and carrots, tastes just like a pork roast.

The little cacklers though,....... I'd recommend alot of seasoning.
grin.gif

Bacon wrapped on the grill is one of my favorites!

By the way I'm looking to buy more sillohette decoys if anyone wants to get rid of any....Real geese or outlaws.

Pupster

Ghost- let me know what prices you are thinking for your shells. I am also in the market.

Wrap the breast in bacon and lay it on a sheet of tin foil. Then lay some onion peels on top and wrap up the tin foil and throw it on the grill.

We bone them out marenaite in Zesty Italian dressing for a couple of hrs cook on med. heat grill until med rare or med depending on your preff. last time we made these at a wild game feed they never made it to the table the guys ate it as fast as it came off the grill

Top Bottom